Advanced Nail Artistry Technician
(Nail Tech Course)
Upon completion of the comprehensive nail tech course, you will be able to seek employment with confidence at any salon or spa as a fully qualified nail technician.
The objective of our nail tech course is to cover all aspects of the industry in both theory and practical application. You will work with top quality products in a salon-spa environment like no other, working with real clients under the supervision of professionals, who are full-time instructors that will help to guide you with consistency in a welcoming and supportive environment.
At Tru Spa, you will be treated to our unique combination of classroom education and applied practice. By providing our students with this educational experience, we are giving them the greatest chance of success after they complete our nail tech course.
We are confident in your ability to get into the industry, in a timely manner, with assistance from our nail tech course team. This is a part of our added commitment to our students.
Course Duration – 400 hrs
High school graduate or 19 years of age and out of school for 1 year, must be fluent in English, must pass basic English/math entrance test with a minimum score of 75%. International Students: High school graduate or 19 years of age and out of school for 1 year, must be fluent in English: Academic English 12 with a C+ grade or higher or Academic Communication 12 with B grade or higher or proof of IELTS score minimum 5.5.
- Completion of hours
- Minimum 70% on Final Theory
- Minimum 80% on Practical Exam
- Overall grade of 75% or higher
- Tuition – $6500
- Application Fee – $150
- Text Books – $700
- Other – $204
- History & Professional Development: Communication & Career Opportunities; Product Service & Sales
- Infection Control & Decontamination: Bacteria/Virus & Fungal Infections; Sanitation, Disinfection & Sterilization Techniques & Systems; Precautions & Handling of Chemical Disinfectants
- General Anatomy & Physiology: Skin & Nail Structure; Skin & Nail Diseases & Disorders
- Hand & Foot Care: Manicures & Pedicures; Paraffin Treatments; Nail Art & Pedique; Toenail Reconstruction for Ingrown & Mycotic Nails
- Nail Enhancements: Tip Application; UV Gel; Blended & French Tips; Sculptured Nails; Overlays & Capping; Electric Filing (considered a bonus)
- Sciences: Basics of Electricity; Basics of Chemistry & Nutrition